Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Learning Opportunities: Get your calendar!

It felt “funny” that the Bishop's comments that day were just like mine, but actually, I have been using his letter to stress the need for adult catachesis especially in our families.

Women - that means us.  Society is not a family-friendly place.  I heard a comment one day, probably on EWTN radio, that made me stop in my tracks.  Sorry, I don’t know who said it, they said: “What is more important?  That your kids make it to Harvard or your kids make it to Heaven.”  I love my children, they are truly a gift from God.  But someday when He asks me about them, I just have to reply that I’ve brought up those kids the way they should go.  He's God!  Can't lie anyway.

The women are so often the first teachers in the home, but we can’t give away what we don’t have.  
-Please consider attending the Embracing Our Faith conference in Fort Dodge, Aug. 6-9.  Actually, just go ahead and save the date, more info is coming soon!
-Start an Endow study in your parish.
-Stay in touch.  As our new officers take over, we'll have information about meeting dates, our DCCW book club and more.

No comments: