Friday, December 3, 2010

Miscellany since Thanksgiving

This year, we attended Thanksgiving Day Mass before we left town to be with family.  Attending Thanksgiving Day Mass makes one ponder about the best Thanksgiving feast.  I think the best Thanksgiving meal is the one at Mass!  Even though, my sister-in-law is a fabulous cook, and it was great to spend the holiday with them.

One really great part of my job is the people I get to meet.  I love meeting the parishioners who I now serve, and I loved meeting Phil, who spoke at the parishes of that cluster and to our confirmation kids.  There's just always someone to pray for, isn't there?

Tomorrow (Saturday, Dec. 4) is an Advent Retreat in Pocahontas.  The topic is one of my new favorite people - Mary, the Mother of God.  I just know she has a special day in store for us.

No comments: