Monday, June 10, 2013

Reading

Summer, so far, has been good for reading.  Or finishing up reading.  There were 5 books on my stack, I was reading them all.

I finished up Navigating the Spiritual Life  as I've been thinking of getting a spiritual director.  They are few & far between, so until God puts one in my path, I'll keep reading.

I've read Forming Intentional Disciples by Sherry Weddell.  Whoa.  That book makes you stop and think.  I highly recommend it.  It also made me ponder the comments I get about why some converts are more excited about the Catholic faith than cradle Catholics are.  Can it be because they brought their relationship with Jesus along when they joined the church?  Probably.

My latest read has been Gary Thomas' Sacred Pathways.  As I read it, I really didn't see myself in any of the temperaments.  Until I got to ascetic, that is.  Whoa, fit me to a tee.  Actually the contemplative was pretty close.  The surprise, however, was with intellectual.  I've been told that I know a lot and somehow I can retain a lot.  I truly didn't expect to fit in that category.  Maybe that's why I just can't seem to get enough to read.

Which reminds me, as if I don't have enough books at home, amazon is calling my name...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've ordered Navigating the Spiritual Life - I'm anxious for it to arrive but I used Amazon's free (slow) shipping so who knows when it will arrive? LPS